. . . Projects . . .
The Methodology program receive funds from the Amsterdam Public Health institute to stimulate the cooperation between AMC/UvA and VUmc/VU and to facilitate innovative research plans and provide funding to travel for research purposes.
In 2019 the following research projects and travel proposals were funded:
First round March
- Dr. Judith Rijnhart – Non collapsibility in logistic regression, the problem you never knew you had
- Veronika Odintsova – Bristol Medical School – Epigenetic Epidemiology on prenatal origins of health and disease.
Second round July
- Bada Yang – Empirical investigation of sources of bias in comparative diagnostics test accuracy studies.
- Dr. Angela Jornada Ben – Is multiple imputation necessary before performing mixed-model analysis in economic evaluations?
- Sabine van Oort - Karolinska Institute and Uppsala University, Zweden
- Attila Csala – University of Melbourne
- Jody Hoenink – University of Otago, Wellingston, Nieuw-Zeeland
Click on the titles to read a summary of the travel or research results.
- Dr. Jouke-Jan Hottenga and Prof. Koos Zwinderman – Elucidating factors influencing the genetic background estimation in family members.
- Michiel Luijten and Dr. Lotte Haverman – Analyzing Dutch norm data for the Pediatric PROMIS item banks.
- Magnus Münch – Cambridge, United Kingdom.
- Héctor van den Boorn – Brussels
Round 1 February
- COS focusgroep – Dr. Caroline Terwee (VUmc), Prof. Phyllis Spuls (AMC), Dr. Sanna Prinsen (VUmc) and Janneke van ´t Hooft (AMC)– Improving ‘Core Outcome Set’development among Vumc and AMC researcher
- Stephanie Medlock - Core measures for computerized clinical decision support: a focus on cognitive and workflow outcomes
- Dr. Renee de Menezes (VUmc) and Dr. Perry Moerland (AMC) - Integrated analysis of multiple omics datasets: how to connect the needles in the haystack (workshop and symposium)
- Dr. Marcel Dijkgraaf (AMC) - Identifying an Optimal Modelling Approach in economic evaluation, a practical decision aid with an application to the treatment of primary sclerosing cholangitis with ursodeoxycholic acid (OMA-project)
Round 2 August
- Dr. Martijn C. Schut (AMC) - Data analysis of free-text medical documentation: adding deep learning to the equation
- Dr. Frank van Leth (AMC) - Analyzing treatment effects in observational studies: comparison of methodologies
- Dr. Hanneke van der Lee (AMC) - Ensuring patient involvement in clinical research: Patient involvement as a mandatory element of the template research protocol