Course on burn-out prevention
FLOURISHING FOR PH.D. STUDENTS
More than 14% of employees in the Netherlands suffer from symptoms related to burn-out*. Unfortunately, among Ph.D. students the percentage is even higher!
According to researchers Ready, Conger en Hill**, the general health of people in their twenties and thirties is largely dependent on the degree to which they are able to acquire skills to:
- Increase self-insight
- Manage stress effectively
- Utilize their personal and professional potential
Because behavioural change is crucial in either preventing burn-out or recovering from burn-out, LifeLong has developed an effective approach to help Ph.D. students experience higher levels of happiness and well-being in their daily lives.
So, if you’re a Ph.D. student and you would like to learn how to prevent or effectively manage burn-out symptoms, sign up for our “Flourishing for Ph.D. students” course!
* National Survey Working Conditions (Nationale Enquête Arbeidsomstandigheden), CBS/TNO, 2014.
** Harvard Business Review, 2010.
About the course
During this course, you’ll learn techniques based on scientific research to help you to:
- Recognize and manage symptoms of burn-out
- Structurally increase physical, emotional and mental resilience
- Effectively manage perfectionism, fear of failure, performance anxiety and choice overload
- Work responsibly and schedule regular breaks
- Assert yourself constructively
- Exercise and relax satisfactorily
- Feel more energetic in your daily life
- Successfully manage adversity
Participants can also request additional individual coaching to explore specific themes under expert guidance.
If you’re a Ph.D. student and you would like to learn how to prevent or effectively manage burn-out symptoms, sign up for our Flourishing course! Take action to learn how to effectively improve your well-being!
Structure and location
Each Thursday evening, from January 11th to March 1st, 2018
Room2 Learn - Utrechtsedwarsstraat 13-I, Amsterdam