How it works
Shaping a business collaboration through IAO in general follows a four-step process:
- What problem does a specific pharma or biotech company have?
- Does Amsterdam Neuroscience have a specific ‘solution’ to that problem?
- Does Amsterdam Neuroscience have experts in the field who are interested to collaborate?
- What is the business model for the collaboration?
Companies typically support research programs or projects through a master service research agreement. The process starts with a discussion between one or more Key Opinion Leaders of Amsterdam, IAO business developers, and the company’s scientific team to shape a project plan. Once a scope of work and budget are agreed upon, the IAO will work with the company to put a research agreement in place. In short:
- IAO acts as system integrator, a one-stop-shop where custom research services and clinical trial guidance can be made available to industry
- The focus is on disease biology, preclinical proof-of-concept of an intervention, biomarker research, brain imaging, and clinical trials
- Access to large patient cohorts, in-house biobanks and the underlying infrastructures all located in the Amsterdam region