- AI&II COVID-19 Grant call for urgent research funding to enable teams of researchers within the Amsterdam UMC and their strategic partners to rapidly pursue innovative studies to fight the ongoing pandemic. proposals submitted to this call must involve a collaboration between at least two different departments within the Amsterdam UMC or strategic partners (GGD, Sanquin, Reade), with at least one Amsterdam UMC PI/ group leader who is a registered member of AI&II. More info.
- The Amsterdam academic funds have joined forces in a joint Corona Research Fund, which benefits research from Amsterdam UMC. The aim is to give scientists in Amsterdam UMC who see possible research directions the opportunity to accelerate their work. To this end, an accelerated procedure has been set up so that research proposals can be assessed immediately. More info.
- ZonMw call: Creative solutions for the Coronavirus (COVID-19) approach should concern practical technological solutions in (hospital) care pathways, such as medical aids (for ICT and e-health solutions), and innovative ideas to help vulnerable groups and their care providers in providing the right care and support. A startimpuls of €7.500 and a projectimpuls with a budget of €7.500-15.000 can be applied for. More info.
- NWO Corona call: fast-track data. NWO and the Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Development (ZonMw) facilitate research funding for researchers who are able to make a meaningful contribution based on their expertise. This call for proposals focuses on research to be conducted now, i.e. at the height of the corona crisis, and specifically research into issues, other than medical and healthcare issues, that arise in society during the crisis. More info
- ZonMw and NWO COVID-19 research programme ‘second wave’ will provide space for different types of research (action research, applied and fundamental research). The grants will be awarded in the near future. The entire programme will run until the end of 2024 at the latest, for monitoring and completion of all pathways. A total of about €20 to 25 million has been made available for this type of research by NWO, ZonMw, VWS and OCW. More info.
- COVID-19 HPC Consortium grants access to computing capabilities from some of the most powerful and advanced computers in the world. The goal is to empower researchers around the world to accelerate understanding of the COVID-19 virus and the development of treatments and vaccines to help address infections. Researchers requiring computing power for their research concerning the SARS-CoV-2-virus and covid-19-disease can submit a request, no longer than 2 pages, with a description of the research. Research areas may include bio-informatics, epidemiology and molecular modelling. More info.
Find more (foreign-) calls see Yellow Pages or Research Professional