The AG&M talent development grant
The AG&M research institute aims to develop research talent that fits well within the defined research programs of the institute:
1. Re-generation and cancer of the digestive system
2. Digestive immunity
3. Endocrinology, metabolism and nutrition
4. Inborn errors of metabolism
The AG&M research institute will provide a mentoring program for exceptionally talented researchers who are in the first year(s) after obtaining their PhD, who are developing their own research line.
This program includes:
- €75.000 (per researcher): free to spend as long as it benefits the proposed research proposal
- guidance in developing one’s own research line
To be eligible for enrollment in the AG&M talent development program:
1. The researcher must be exceptionally talented and in the first 5 year(s) after obtaining his/her PhD-degree (The extension rule of NWO is applicable).
2. The researcher is (or will be) embedded in a research group of a principal investigator (PI) from the Amsterdam UMC who is participant of the AG&M research institute (responsible AG&M PI).
3. The researcher can provide a signed agreement from the responsible AG&M PI with whom the researcher is (or will be) embedded stating that the researcher will be senior author on the manuscripts produced on the project.
4. For MD-PhD researchers: the researcher can provide a signed agreement from the head of the department stating that at least 0.2 FTE of the researcher’s time will be devoted to research.
The application should include:
1. Application form:
- Personal information
- Research proposal (not more than 3 A4)
2. Budget stating how the money will be spent
3. Motivation letter of applicant (not more than 1 A4)
4. CV of applicant
5. Signed agreement from the responsible AG&M PI (see Eligibility requirements)
6. Signed agreement from the head of the department (For practicing MDs only) (see Eligibility requirements)
Please send the application in one combined PDF-file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application form:
The deadline for submission is:
Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
The AG&M research board and AG&M reviewers will judge the applications on how well the researcher and the proposed research fits within the goals and aims of the AG&M research institute.
The award ceremony will take place during the first AG&M symposium of 2020.
For questions contact Eva Dirkx-Beuling: email@example.com