The AG&M matching grant
The AG&M matching grant has the goal to support newly starting multidisciplinary research projects (PhD-students or post docs) that stimulate collaboration between (at least two) disciplines within the AG&M institute.
AG&M contributes between €75.000 – €100.000 and at least a similar amount of funds needs to be brought in by the applicants, so total budget per grant is ~€150.000 - €250.000.
This funding opportunity is likely available only once, and additive to the AG&M Innovation and Talent grants.
To be eligible to apply for the AG&M matching grant:
- the proposal has to be submitted by at least two group leaders from different disciplines of the AG&M institute.
- the applicants are (or will be) embedded in a research group of a principal investigator (PI) from the Amsterdam UMC who is participant of the AG&M research institute (responsible AG&M PI).
- the amount of money requested has to be matched with an similar amount of money from (an)other source(s). The budget does not have to be limited to personnel costs and may include materials and apparatus.
- the starting date of the project needs to be between January 2020 and July 2020. The grant cannot be used in projects that started prior to August 2019.
- the applicants need to show how their project strengthens collaboration within the AG&M research institute.
The application should include:
1. Application form:
- Personal information
- Proposal (not more than 4 A4)
2. Motivation letter of applicants (not more than 1 A4)
3. CV of applicants
4. Budget of the total project stating how the money will be spent.
- This should include money from (an)other source(s) and the amount requested from AG&M (€75.000 – €100.000 from AG&M; total €150.000 – €200.000).
4. The specific contribution of the different group leaders in the project should be specified. This includes the financial aspect as well as intellectual/expertise contribution
5. Letter of recommendation of the responsible AG&M PI (only if none of the applicants is an AG&M PI)
Please send the application in to: email@example.com
The application form:
The deadline for submission is:
Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
The AG&M research board and AG&M reviewers will judge the applications on how well the researchers and the proposal fits within the goals and aims of the AG&M research institute.
All applicants have to be present.
The award ceremony will take place during the first AG&M symposium of 2020.
For questions contact Eva Dirkx-Beuling: firstname.lastname@example.org