ACS Thesis app
From January 2020 onwards, ACS will provide a PhD Thesis app for ACS PhD candidates from Amsterdam UMC graduating in 2020 and 2021. Using this app you can upload your thesis and make it interactive by adding videos, photos, animations and Google Maps navigation to ceremony and reception. It is also possible to incorporate professional social media networks (such as LinkedIn, ResearchGate and Google Scholar) and science networks like PubMed.
In this Thesis app, all theses from ACS researchers will be bundled and freely available. You can access the ACS PhD Thesis app via: https://app.thesisapps.com/acs/theses.
The cover of your thesis and a link to you thesis in the ACS Thesis app will also appear in our monthly distributed newsletter with all ACS PhD defenses for the coming month. Therefore, it is important to upload your thesis at least one month before your PhD defense date, to be visible at the time of the announcement.
- the PhD candidate is registered with the institute, receives mails and newsletters, from the beginning of the project, or the start of the institute;
- the institute logo and text is printed on the back cover (click here to download);
- the PhD candidate participates at least once with an abstract at the annual ACS meetings and attends at least the monthly ACS symposia of his/her Research Program (twice a year);
- all publications of the PhD thesis name the Amsterdam Cardiovascular Sciences, when the publications appear after 1-1-2018 in print;
- the PhD candidate informs the institute of the title, time, date and place of the thesis defense, including the names of the (co)promotors;
- the PhD candidate uploads his/her thesis in the ACS Thesis app at least