Postdoc | Immunometabolism
Investigating a newfound immunometabolite in macrophages
The aim of this fundamental project is to generate new insight into the regulation and function of a newfound immunometabolite in macrophages. To do so, you will integrate functional and omics data to define new immunometabolic regulators controlling macrophage responses. Subsequently, new targets will be validated in mouse models and clinical samples. You will use high-end techniques including metabolomics and RNA-sequencing, multi-dimensional cytometry and imaging, and will apply bioinformatics to analyse complex data.
As Post-Doctoral researcher you will also support PhD and undergraduate students in the lab, present at both national and international meetings and publish in leading international journals.
We are looking for a highly-motived candidate with a strong background in immunology, (immune)metabolism and/or a passion for macrophages with the following expertise:
- Obtained PhD in immunology, molecular biology or equivalent;
- Experience with immunological, metabolism and/or molecular biological techniques;
- Expertise with bioinformatics to analyze high-dimensional and omics data is desirable;
- A good track record and scientific curiosity is preferred;
- While you work independently, you are also a valuable team member and have the social skills to collaborate;
- You are enthusiastic, flexible and accurate in your work, and willing to join an interdisciplinary and international environment.
Your work environment
As Post-Doctoral researcher in this project you will join Jan Van den Bossche’s young and enthusiastic research team that is strongly embedded in a department headed by Professor Yvette van Kooyk.
Within the Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology in the vibrant O|2 Lab Building at VUmc, the group led by Dr. ir. Jan Van den Bossche investigates how cellular metabolism impacts on macrophage function and disease outcome. Our team uses a multidisciplinary approach combining experimental techniques such as metabolic and functional cellular analyses, genetic and pharmacological metabolic interventions, metabolomics and transcriptomics, high-end cytometry and imaging in in vivo disease models and patient material.
Working at Amsterdam UMC, VUmc location means working in an inspiring and professional environment where development is encouraged in every respect. We offer you ample opportunity for development, deepening and broadening, additional training and a place to grow!
Salary Scale 10: 2826 tot 4481 euro gross when employed full-time (depending on qualifications and experience).
- In addition to a good basic salary, we also offer 8.3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance. Do you want to know what you will earn? Calculate your net salary here (subject to change).
- Your pension is accrued with the ABP. VUmc contributes 2 / 3rd of this premium.
- We reimburse 75% of your public transport travel costs.
- An excellent environment that will support your growth as an academic researcher at the highest level.
We offer an initial contract for 12 months that can be extended (after evaluation) for another 36 months.
For more information about our terms of employment, visit our website.
A screening procedure may be part of the selection procedure. Applying for a VOG (Certificate of Good Behavior) is mandatory for every new employee. The application for a VOG is started by us as soon as you has been appointed as new employee.
Information and application
Don’t hesitate to call us!
If you’re interested about this position, you can contact Dr. ir. Jan Van den Bossche, via telephone number +31(0)20-444 1425.
If you need more information about the application procedure, contact Brend de Jong, corporate recruiter at +31(0)20-444 8704.
You can apply till 27 July 2020 by using the apply button.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.