PhD student | ‘In situ vaccination of cancer through recruitment of neutrophils as effector cells’
36 hours - Salary: 2495 tot 3196 euro
As PhD student in this project you will study whether recruitment of neutrophils, macrophages and natural killer cells via novel (glyco)engineered anti-tumor antibodies will lead to improved elimination of cancer. This will be addressed with patient effector cells and tumor biopsies as well as in in vivo cancer models.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Transcriptomic analysis of immune-related genes in immune cells of patients;
- Functional 2D and 3D cytotoxic and migration assays
- Multiplex immune fluorescent microscopy and multiparameter flow cytometry analysis of tumor tissues and immune organs;
- Intravital microscopy of tumors, and in vivo tumor models;
- You will use state-of-the-art high-dimensional cytometry techniques, RNA-sequencing, multiplex
immune fluorescence and intravital imaging.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic researcher with:
- A Master’s degree in a field related to biomedical sciences, (medical) biology, biochemistry or
- Affinity for immunology and cancer;
- Interest in in vivo tumor models, Article 9 certificate is a plus;
- Experience with functional in vitro assays;
- High-dimensional data analysis and biostatistics is a plus;
- Excellent communications skills in English, both written and verbal.
Your work environment
Research within the department of Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology is performed in a vibrant and international high competitive level environment within the website.
For Dutch citizens it is mandatory to provide a VOG (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag).
Information and application
Don’t hesitate to call us!
If you’re interested about this position, you can contact prof. dr. M. van Egmond, via telephone number +3120 444 8080.
If you need more information about the application procedure, contact Brend de Jong, corporate recruiter at +3120 444 8704.
You can apply till 12 July 2020 by using the apply button.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.