Apply before: 22 February 2020 - Working hours: 36 hours per week - Discipline: AMC Medical Research (AMR)
What you are going to do
This position is for an enthusiastic and dedicated PhD student with a special interest for cancer research, gene regulation and non-coding RNAs. More specifically, you will work in an interdisciplinary team to discover and understand the function of lncRNAs in colorectal cancer. To tackle these challenges, state-of-the-art genome-wide approaches such as GROseq, HiC, RNAseq and ChIPseq as well as CRISPR technologies will be employed. The PhD student will have the opportunity to supervise students.
What we expect from you
- A master degree in molecular oncology, molecular biology or equivalent
- A demonstrated ability to perform high-level biomedical research
- You are able to function well both in a team as well as independently, and possess good communication skills
- Affinity and/or experience with gene regulation, non-coding RNAs and/or oncology
- Affinity and/or experience with next-generation sequencing and CRISPR technology
- You are ambitious and eager to perform top research!
Where you are going to work
We are offering a position in the Laboratory for Experimental Oncology (LEXOR) within the Center for Experimental and Molecular Medicine at the Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam. In this laboratory, a team of over 30 scientists studies the biological aspects of cancer. A wide array of techniques and systems are used to better understand the mechanisms driving tumor development, progression and resistance against therapy. In particular our group focuses on finding functional non-coding RNA regulatory molecules essential for cancer cell survival and tumorigenesis.
What we offer you
We offer you ample opportunity for development, deepening and broadening, additional training and a place to grow! Working at AMR means working in an inspiring and professional environment where development is encouraged in every respect.
- The maximum gross monthly salary based on a 36-hour work week is € 3.103,- (scale OIO CAO UMC).
- The base salary does not include holiday pay (8%) and a year-end bonus (8.3%).
- We offer a contract for 48 months
- •In addition to excellent accessibility by public transport, AMC also has a sufficient number of parking spaces for employees.
- Pension is accrued at Be Frank.
For an overview of all our other terms of employment, see
If you would like to apply directly, please use the ‘apply’ button on this page.
If you would like more information, please feel free to contact Nicolas Leveille (Post doc), via 020 56 64777 or email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you! A screening may be part of the selection procedure. This requires access to DigiD.