Amsterdam UMC Fellowship
What you are going to do
The Amsterdam UMC Fellowship offers the opportunity for an outstanding, internationally recognized researcher to further develop his/her own research line and to set up his/her own research group. The candidate must have the potential to advance to full professorship within eight years.
What we expect from you
- Prestigious personal grant laureate at midcareer level. For example a (nearly) successful completion of a prestigious personal grant at junior postdoc level or an active VIDI, ERC Starting/ Consolidator grant or an equivalent.
- Alignment of their research topic with one of the eight research institutes
- Excellent publication record
- Experience in research management
- Demonstrable affinity with education
- Experience abroad
There will be a strict selection procedure and an assessment might be part of the selection. More information and the application form can be found at www.amc.nl/AMCFellowship.
Where you are going to work
Amsterdam Research brings together opinion leading academic research in the field of Health & Life Sciences developed in the Amsterdam region. In doing so – and on the authority of the two medical centers and the two universities – Amsterdam now has eight alliance research institutes, each with dedicated expertise and focussed on particular disease indications (www.amsterdamresearch.org).
The AMC, as part of the Amsterdam UMC, is one of the foremost research institutions in the Netherlands, as well as one of its largest hospitals. It is a world in which patient care, research and education are integrated, and in which people are always central. It is full of possibilities for talented individuals who are looking for a place where they can excel.
Our research covers the whole spectrum of biomedical research: from fundamental science and proof-of-concept studies to applied clinical studies, health services research and medical informatics. This concentration of expertise makes the centre a breeding ground for fruitful scientific collaborations. In this way, we aim to respond effectively to the current and future medical needs.
Our biomedical researchers have access to high-quality facilities and the relevant patient material. The scientific careers of talented young researchers are stimulated by the ‘Principal Investigator’ system, which challenges them to develop their own lines of research. For more information, please go to www.amc.nl/research.
What we offer you
We offer you ample opportunity for development, deepening and broadening, additional training and a place to grow! Working at Amsterdam UMC, AMC location means working in an inspiring and professional environment where development is encouraged in every respect.
- The Amsterdam UMC Fellowship consists of maximum € 750.000,- for a maximum of five years The award can be spent on salary of the applicant, a PhD student and/or bench fee. It spans a five-year period with interim evaluation after three years.
- The fellowship includes a tenure track with the possibility to acquire a tenured position after 5 years. The Amsterdam UMC offers a stimulating 5-year career and personal development trajectory in a challenging research environment.
- In addition to excellent accessibility by public transport, AMC location also has a sufficient number of parking spaces for employees.
- Pension is accrued at the ABP. Amsterdam UMC, AMC location contributes a large part of the premium (70%).
- We have a very active staff association and organise various (sports) activities and events throughout the year.
For an overview of all our other terms of employment, see www.werkenbijamc.nl/arbeidsvoorwaarden.
If you would like to apply directly, please use the ‘apply’ button on this page.
Because of the merger between AMC and VUmc, it applies to this vacancy that employees of AMC and VUmc are part of the selection committee. By sending your application, you agree that your resume and letter of motivation will also be shared by AMC with (the staff involved in handling this vacancy) VUmc and that they therefore have access to the personal data you send.
We look forward to meeting you!
A screening may be part of the selection procedure. This requires access to DigiD.