As per direct, the CWO approval for ‘WMO-plichtig' research protocols that was compulsory at location VUmc has been abandoned. This was decided in a meeting by the board of directors at Amsterdam UMC on May 27, 2020, on the advice of ARB (Amsterdam Research Board).
The decision follows a pilot held within the research institutes Amsterdam Neuroscience and Amsterdam Cardiovascular Sciences over the past year that concluded that the CWO was superfluous in the current situation. All department heads within Amsterdam UMC, Division boards, and directors of the various research institutes have been informed.
As of now, all ‘WMO-plichtig’ research protocols from Amsterdam UMC, location VUmc, should be submitted directly to the METC. For more information visit the . Protocols from location AMC should follow the standard procedure, for more information visit the METC website (intranet) of location AMC.
- Prof.dr. Willem Lems (Chair), Amsterdam UMC, location VUmc;
- Dr. Peter Bisschop, Amsterdam UMC, location AMC;
- Dr. Nathalie Bravenboer, Amsterdam UMC, location VUmc;
- Dr. Nadia Dominici, FBMS, VU;
- Dr. Renate de Jongh, Amsterdam UMC, location VUmc;
- (Dr. ir. Jan Harm Koolstra, ACTA, back up CWO member);
- Dr. Jaap van Netten, Amsterdam UMC, location AMC;
- Dr. Josien van den Noort, Amsterdam UMC, location AMC;
- Prof. dr. Evert Verhagen, Amsterdam UMC, location VUmc;
- Dr. Erwin van Wegen, Amsterdam UMC, location VUmc.
The two AMS directors Richard Jaspers and Mario Maas appreciate the amount of work the CWO members have carried out, both in their review work for the CWO, which has greatly improved the quality of research proposals submitted to the VUmc METC, and in their reviewing role in the AMS innovation calls of 2017 and 2018, and finally in reviewing papers for the much-lauded annual AMS outstanding paper award.