AI&II Work visit grant 2020
To stimulate young talent within the Amsterdam Infection & Immunity Institute to visit a research facility important within the field of Infection & Immunity to actively build their CV and network while also obtaining new knowledge (techniques, samples, data, competences etc.) valuable to AI&II.
PhD students in their 2nd, 3rd or 4th year and postdocs in the first 3 years after obtaining their PhD-degree.
The applicant must be either a PhD student or is within 3 years after obtaining his/her PhD-degree. The applicant is (or will be) embedded in at least one of the AI&II programs. The work visit grants, of € 5000,- will only fund visits that start in 2021 and with a duration of 1 to 4 months that have the potential to result in new knowledge (techniques, samples, data, competences etc.) valuable to the new AI&II to be embedded upon return. For the total budget of € 5000,- eligible costs are: travel costs (economy class) to and from the hosting site, (lab)-consumables and rent. Only completed application forms are eligible for evaluation.
- Motivation of candidate to visit the selected site
- Added value for AI&II
- Scientific quality and relevance of the work plan
- Improved prospects for new subsequent funding
- Innovative potential either by a new collaboration or a new technique or other scientific aspect of the visit
The evaluators provide a score from 1-3 per item.
Conflict of interest
Evaluators with a conflict of interest are exempt from the evaluation procedure. For example, a conflict of interest is identified when the evaluator is the supervisor of the applicant. Evaluators can also indicate there is a conflict of interest for a specific application and will then not be included in the evaluation process of that specific application.
Send the completed application form (PDF-file) before November 2, 2020 to: email@example.com
The AI&II talent development committee will evaluate the applications for work visits based on the aforementioned criteria. The evaluators provide a score of 1-3 per criterion. For each application a score is calculated [0-15] to . Provided the quality of the applications are above threshold, a maximum of 4 applications will be granted up to a total budget of € 20.000 in 2020.
Added detail regarding the reviewing procedure and timing for this call:
- All reviewers use the form spread by the AI&II management team
- The proposals will be reviewed within the programme indicated in the application by 4 programme leaders/ programme.
- Based on the score form a ranking will be created (per program and overall) which serves as a basis to grant the stipends.
- The deadline for the program leaders to score the applications with the form is November 2, 2020
- The AI&II directors (Theo Geijtenbeek and Yvette van Kooyk) make the ultimate decision, based on the ranking provided by the PL, on the applications to be granted
- The deadline for the directors to approve the ranking and decide on the (number of) granted proposals is November 21st 2020
- Award emails and rejections are sent to the applicants by the Management team
- The deadline to notify the applicants about the outcome is December 7, 2020
Requirements after obtaining the AI&II work visit grant
- Include the adapted AI&II logo in the presentations you may give at the hosting institute
- Mention the grant in the acknowledgements of any publications emanating from the research performed during the work visit
- Send us a picture of you in front of the institute you visit and/or together with the other lab members in the lab
- Send in a completed cost claim form with the original tickets and receipts attached within three months after your return
- Send in a short (1A4) report on how the work visit has helped you to build on your CV and network and what new knowledge (techniques, samples, data, competences etc.) valuable to AI&II has been obtained. Also suggestions to improve the grant are welcome.