Call AI&II Travel grants 2019
To stimulate young talent within the Amsterdam Infection & Immunity Institute (AI&II) to attend an international scientific conference important within the field of Infection & Immunity to actively build their CV and network while also creating international exposure of AI&II.
AI&II PhD students
The applicant must be a PhD student embedded in at least one of the programs of AI&II. The PhD student should have an accepted abstract for the designated conference, with the opportunity to present a poster/or oral presentation to which the AI&II logo should be added.
Applications should be submitted at least 1 month prior to the start of the conference.
You can only apply for the Travel grant once.
The travel grant of €500 should be used as a contribution to attend a conference (conference fee) and for the costs of travel and subsistence. This travel grant is intended to (partially) cover the remaing costs you personally made for travel, hotel and conference. Hence we expect you to claim directly to your personal account including proof of payment from your personal account.
Only completed application forms are eligible for evaluation. After obtaining the travel grant, PhD students are not eligible for subsequent travel grant calls of AI&II.
- Motivation of candidate to attend the selected international scientific conference
- Quality of the meeting
- Quality of the CV of the applicant
Send the completed application form including CV and accepted abstract (PDF-file) to: email@example.com
The AI&II talent development committee will evaluate the applications for travel grants based on the indicated evaluation criteria at a first come first serve basis. The evaluators provide a score of 1-3 per criterion. For each application a score is calculated [0-9] to which a threshold of 7 will be applied. Provided the quality of the applications are above threshold, travel grants will be granted until the budget for 2019 is reached. Applications will be evaluated throughout the year and applicants will be informed about the result of their application within 3 months.
- Include the AI&II logo in your poster or presentation and mention the grant in the acknowledgements
- Send in a completed claim form with the original tickets and receipts attached to reimburse you on your personal account
- Send us a picture of you in front of your poster at the meeting or a picture of you presenting your research
- If not in the picture send us the pdf of your poster or presentation with the AI&II logo