AII collaboration grant 2020 - Laureates
- The first funded proposal, led by Dr. Nina van Sorge (MMI/ AMC), is the start of a new collaboration between experts in microbiology (van Sorge), tissue engineering (Gibbs, MCBI/ VUmc) and mucosal immunology (Mebius, MCBI/ VUmc) with the aim to provide insight into the barrier-specific immune responses against the Gram-positive bacterial pathogen.
- The second funded proposal, led by Drs. Coen Kuijl (MMI/ Vumc), was instigated after being jointly inspired by discussions with Dr. Jeffrey Buter (Stratingh Institute for Chemistry/ UG) and Drs. Nicole van der Wel (Electron Microscopy Centre Amsterdam/ AMC), who share a research interest in the mechanisms and implications of phagosomal escape of Mycobacteria and the approaches by which we study this phenomenon provide a clear potential for synergy. The goal of this grant proposal is to develop the technique: Mycobacterial Coating with Trehalose-Associated Proteins.
- The third funded proposal is led by Dr Joke den Haan (MCBI/ Vumc) and combines the expertise of two very different research groups to enable a completely new research line focused on the role of platelet activation on CD8+ T cell priming. For this the know-how of platelet activation and its role in innate immunity of the van der Poll/van ‘t Veer lab (CEMM/ AMC) is joined with the experience in CD8+ T cell priming by antigen presenting cells of the den Haan lab.
- The fourth funded proposal, led by Prof. dr. Mike Nurmohamed (Reade Rheumatology) will mark a new collaboration between the Depts of Gastroenterology at AMC and VUMC and Reade Rheumatology (Nurmohamed) to extend their observations to rospective response prediction in rheumatic diseases and to perform an epigenome-wide association study (EWAS) using the Illumina EPIC BeadChip methylation array on responders and non-responders to the aforementioned biologicals in rheumatic diseases.
AII Collaboration grant info:
The AII Collaboration Grant has the goal to stimulate new collaborations between research groups of at least 2 locations (AMC, VUmc, GGD, Sanquin, Reade).
Topics can be
- Pilot experiments/analyses/studies to facilitate joint grant applications
- Facilitate consortium meetings for collaborative grant proposals or innovative technique development
- Collaborative public outreach activity
This may result in a new
- Collaborative network
- Collaborative research line
- External collaborative grant proposal
A fixed budget of 20.000 euro.
- The proposal concerns a collaboration between research groups of at least 2 locations (AMC, VUmc, GGD, Sanquin, Reade).
- The starting date of the project needs to be in 2020.
- The applicants need to show how their project strengthens new collaboration within the AII research institute.
- Deadline project proposals: May 11, 2020
- Award ceremony: Annual meeting, June 25, 2020