Amsterdam Reproduction & Development aims to stimulate collaboration within the institute and the careers of young researchers.
In 2017 three types of calls are proposed:
- AR&D postdoc grant: closed 8 May 2017
- AR&D travel grant: closed 8 May 2017
- AR&D Out-of-the-Box grant: deadline 15 December 2017
In 2017 we awarded two AR&D Post doc Grants to:
- Dr. Arend van Deutekom, a study on children’s cardiovascular Health After Maternal Pre-pregnancy lifestyle InterventiON (CHAMPION).
- Dr. Mandy Spaan, investigating long-term health of children conceived using assisted reproductive technologies.
In 2017 we awarded five Travel Grants to:
- Robbert Berkhout
- Rik van Eekelen
- Judith Ensink
- Anouk van Pels
- Nienke van Teijlingen
In 2016 we awarded AR&D PhD scholarships to two teams of AMC-VUmc Reproduction & Development-researchers:
- prof. Joris van der Post, Paul Savelkoul, Rebecca Painter, Marjolein Kok en Dries Budding for their project ‘The microbial signature of preterm birth’!
- prof. Martina Coronel, prof. Sjoerd Repping, dr. Lidewij Henneman en dr. Phillis Lakeman for their project: ‘The widening scope of reproductive genetic technologies: responsible innovation and assisting individuals’ decision-making’ .
The R&D PhD scholarships allow the project teams to have a PhD student working on their project for four years.