Register now for the Amsterdam Science & Innovation Award 2018 (deadline March 22)
We are pleased to invite you to participate in the 13th edition of the Amsterdam Science & Innovation Award, the Amsterdam competition for innovative ideas with a societal and/or commercial impact.
- Deadline for registration is Thursday 22 March 2018
- Registrations before Friday 9 March will receive early bird support from our Business Developers
- The festive finale will take place on Tuesday 19 June 2018
Participating in this Innovation Award will give you an excellent opportunity to develop your idea further, explore its potential, propose your idea to an experienced jury and share it with the public and companies.
This competition is open to all researchers, staff and students in all disciplines (from the physical and medical sciences to the social sciences and humanities) from all Amsterdam universities, universities of applied sciences, academic medical centers and public research centers.
Criteria & Jury
Entries will be judged by the jury on their innovativeness, feasibility and fulfillment of a market need. See for additional information the criteria & regulations.
The confirmed jury members are:
- Barbara Baarsma, Director Knowledge Development Rabobank and chair of the jury
- Marja Zonnevylle, General Manager Gas Processing at Shell
- Joris Tinbergen, Director of Thauris
- Ton van Leeuwen, Chairman Department Biomedical Engineering and Physics at AMC
- Nathalie de Vent, Co-director Advanced Neuropsychological Diagnostics Infrastructure (ANDI) and winner of 2017
Describe your idea and sign up via the registration form. Deadline for registration is Thursday 22 March 2018.
Early birds (registration before Friday 9 March) will have the opportunity to get support from our team of business developers to develop their idea into a sound and clear proposition.
And in addition, if you are selected as one of the finalists, you will receive professional support and pitch training for the final.
Do you have an idea, small or big, concept stage or more developed? Make sure to sign up!