Metabolism in Cancer and Stromal Cells (2nd edition)
26-27 NOVEMBER 2018, LEUVEN, BELGIUM
After a successful first edition of the VIB Conference “Metabolism in cancer and stromal cells” in September 2015, we are pleased to announce the second edition that will take place in the beautiful and historic city of Leuven.
During this international Conference we will focus on how cancer and stromal cells metabolically communicate and how their specific metabolism impacts disease development and progression. These cellular metabolism insights will offer novel therapeutic opportunities for malignant, metabolic, or inflammatory disease. In addition, also the impact of ‘omics’ technologies to study cellular metabolism will be highlighted during the meeting.
This conference will bring together internationally renowned experts who will showcase their findings on cell-type specific metabolism in cancer and beyond. By bringing together experts from different disciplines, we aim to provide a unique platform of interactions and to create a vibrant environment for discussions on novel concepts and recent technological developments.
In addition to the scientific program with plenary talks and poster sessions, there will be ample opportunities to network during the breaks, reception and conference dinner.
Format: A0 (841 x 1189 mm / 33.1 x 46.8 in), portrait orientation
Website link: https://vibconferences.be/event/metabolism-in-cancer-and-stromal-cells-2nd-edition
KU Leuven - Promotion & Jubileumzaal
- Abstract submission: 24 September 2018
- Early bird registration: 15 October 2018
- Zolt Arany - Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, US
- Peter Carmeliet - VIB-KU Leuven Center for Cancer Biology, BE
- Ralph Deberardinis - Children’s Medical Center Research Institute at UT Southwestern Medical Center, US
- Olivier Feron - UCLouvain, BE
- Susan Keach - Yale School of Medicine, US
- Alec Kimmelman - NYU, Langone Health, US
- Shinya Kuroda - University of Tokyo, JP
- Peter Murray - Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, DE
- Jim Norman - Cancer Research UK- Beatson Institute, UK
- Erika Pearce - MPI Of Immunobiology And Epigenetics, DE
- Michael Potente - Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research, DE
- Uwe Sauer - ETH Zurich, CH
- Maria Sibilia - Medical University of Vienna, AT
- Alexandrov Theodore - EMBL, DE
- Matthew Vander Heiden - Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, MIT, US
- Karen Vousden - The Beatson Institute, UK