Within Amsterdam Movement Sciences we are in the process of establishing a Science Committee. The Science Committee will replace the CWO and Research committee that were active within MOVE research institute amsterdam. The new committee will hold approximately 10 members including a statistician and all three research programs, expertise areas, and the participating partners will be represented.
The tasks of the committee will be (among other):
- Judge and offer advice on research proposals;
- Co-judge internal AMS calls;
- Judge TSP from PhD candidates (research proposals and training plans);
- Quality policy and quality safeguarding within the institute.
The AMS MT will in the autumn of 2017 decide on the exact composition of the new committee, its members and its exact tasks. If you are interested in participating in the committe, get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in which field your expertise is and your motivation for participating in the committee.
Until further notice the CWO that was active within MOVE will continue to test VUmc research proposals before they are submitted to the VUmc Medical Ethical Testing Committee (METC).
Visit the webpages of the METc for protocol templates, patient information letters et cetera.
Members of the CWO
- Prof. dr. Willem Lems (Chair), VUmc
- Dr. Erwin van Wegen, VUmc
- Dr. Maarten Bobbert, VU Amsterdam Faculty of Behavioural and Movement Sciences
- Prof.dr. Barend van Royen, VUmc
- Dr. Ir. Jan Harm Koolstra, Academisch Centrum Tandheelkunde Amsterdam
- Dr. Renate de Jongh, VUmc (secretary to the committee).
Frequency CWO meetings
The CWO meets every two weeks (consult the exact dates below). The documents listed below should be sent digitally as a MS-Word document file to Renate de Jongh, via email@example.com one week prior to the committe meeting:
- an announcement letter to the committee*;
- a protocol, using the METc protocol template;
- a patient information letter;
- an informed consent form.
*The announcement letter should include:
- the title of the project;
- the type of protocol (pilot study, cohort study, multicenter trial etc);
- a motivation to conduct the proposed research or to participate in multicentre trial.
The protocol is evaluated only if it is submitted in the correct format.
|June||1, 15, 29|
|November||2, 16, 30|