Call AI&II Postdoc Stipends 2019
To support young postdoctoral talent at the crucial stage in their innovative research towards successful future grant applications.
Postdocs (fundamental, translational, clinical researchers) within 6 years after their PhD with potential to start/continue their own research line and research group within one of the AI&II programs.
The applicant is in the first 6 years after obtaining his/her PhD-degree. There may be a possibility to extend the upper limit of 6 years after PhD in some cases (medical training, parental leave etc), please address this in the application and refer to your CV. The applicant needs to be (or become) embedded in at least one of the programs of the AI&II research institute.
NEW: an AI&II principal investigator can be involved as supervisor in only one postdoc stipend.
The postdoc stipend, with a maximum of €80.000 will fund salary costs (for postdoc salary), publishing costs, travel costs and consumables. Only completed application forms are eligible for evaluation. The applicant needs to be open and transparent about other submitted grant applications.
- Motivation on how this stipend will be crucial for the career of the applicant
- Scientific quality and relevance of the project
- Scientific potential of the applicant & improved prospects for new subsequent funding
- Added value for AI&II
Send the completed application form (PDF-file), including CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: March 20th 2019 23:59
The AI&II talent development committee will evaluate the applications of the researchers based on the aforementioned criteria. A maximum of 10 candidates will be invited for an interview on May 23th 2019. Based on the quality of the applications, a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 4 stipends will be granted. Applicants will be informed about the final outcome in June 2019.
Requirements after obtaining the AI&II Postdoc Stipend 2019
- Scientific final report describing how the stipend has helped you to build your CV and network and which new knowledge, valuable to AI&II, has been obtained. Also suggestions to improve the stipend are welcome
- Financial final report
- Refer to the AI&II Stipend in the acknowledgements of any publications resulting from the research performed funded by the stipend by adding “This research was supported by a Postdoc Stipend of the Amsterdam Infection and Immunity Institute” to the acknowledgements
- Provide an overview of other grant applications, submitted and currently under review. You may need to make a choice between the stipend and other grants obtained in the event these grants are overlapping
- We expect the granted postdocs to write subsequent grants to remain embedded in at least one of the programs of the AI&II research institute.
- Include the AI&II logo in your posters or presentations and mention the grant in the acknowledgements by adding “This research was supported by a Postdoc Stipend of the Amsterdam Infection and Immunity Institute”
- Send us a picture of you in the lab (for our website, newsletter etc.)